Links

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Shank Almost Gets Whacked

Finally, a non-chicken & beer story from the Globe's part-time sports columnist:
FORT MYERS, Fla. - I was standing outside the Red Sox clubhouse yesterday morning, minding my own business, not looking for any trouble, when David Ortiz came out and started yelling at me.

OK, maybe “yell’’ is too strong. But it was unhappy talk and it caught me by surprise.

“Dan, you think I’m going to break down like Jim Rice did when he was 36? You’re wrong. It’s not the 1980s. It’s 2012.’’

“Whoa, big fella,’’ I offered. “I don’t remember writing that.’’
Shank then recounts how many people have screamed at him over the years; my only surprise is how short the list is.

But Our Man Shaughnessy's a stand-up guy, right?
Me: “Well, if it makes you feel any better, he’s (the guy who said Papi will break down) our hockey writer.
Kevin Paul Dupont, you just got Shanked!

No comments: