Links

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Bob Ryan Retiring From The Globe

Specifically, he'll be 'retiring from a full time basis' after the London Olympics this summer:
"I really and truly believe that my time has come and gone, that the dynamics of the business, of what it takes to be involved in the business with all the tweeting and the blogging and that stuff, with an audience with a different taste ... I'm not comfortable -- it's not me any more.

"I very happily say I've had a great run, and I think it's time for somebody else to have their run."
Translations - 1) he's sick of the competition from blogging and tweeting; 2) he has indeed had enough; 3) print media's toast. OK, I threw that last one in there...

Bob Ryan and Will McDonough, I think, are the best sportswriters the Globe's ever had. Now he'll be a part time Boston Globe columnist, just like Shank!

No comments: