Links

Friday, September 19, 2008

Holliston High

Shaughnessy writes about the heart-wrenching grief faced by the Holliston HIgh School football team after the very recent deaths of one of their players (who died after a scrimmage) and one of their honorary team members (a 10 year old who died of leukemia). It is a touching story and worth a read. Fortunately, he once against shows restraint and does not get on his soapbox. He will sometimes use stories like this to remind us about what's really important in life and how it puts the daily ups and downs of the Red Sox and Patriots into perspective. Thankfully he resists that temptation and it is worth a read as a result.

2 comments:

roger bournival said...

Dan writes articles like this simply so we don't think he's a complete and unrepentant asshole. Don't be fooled.

Anonymous said...

i grew up in holliston, went to hs there etc. 99% of what dan writes shows him to be a self-serving, often mean-spririted, first-class ass. that said, this column falls into the other 1%.