Links

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Shank on Jamie Collins

Shank's been unusually busy this past week. He's banged out ten World Series columns and now does one on recently departed New England Patriots linebacker Jamie Collins.

I'll just sample the tail end of the column, where, try as Shank does to get Jamie to badmouth the Patriots, Jamie doesn't bite and instead lays down a subtle yet awesome countermeasure on Shank:
How did you find out about the trade?

“I got a call.’’

Who called you? A Patriot person?

“I don’t want to get into that. I’m here now.’’

Did Bill talk to you?

“I talked to him.’’’

How’d that go?

“It was OK. It’s business. This is a business league. [Expletive] happens . . . I leave with good terms with anybody.’’

Do you think they’re going to go on and win the Super Bowl?

“I don’t know and I don’t care. I don’t play for New England. I’m over here. All I care about is the Cleveland Browns.”

How do you look back at your New England experience?

“It was fun while it lasted. This is a new chapter in my life and I’m ready to approach it.’’

Any hard feelings toward the Patriots?

“No. It’s a business. At the end of the day I’m still getting money, man. I’m still getting money, I’m still moving on and I’m still here playing. I’m not the one that’s watching the game. I’m playing the game.’’

Are you hurt by this?

“No. I’ve been through a lot so this ain’t nothing. I’m good. I’m on to Cleveland.’’
How do you like them apples, Shank?

No comments: