We say reasons unknown because Francona is now in his fourth season as skipper of the Indians. During that time, he has visited Fenway Park 11 times. It's old news, except to those with severe memory problems who are resigned to repeating themselves.
Just like Dan!
Speaking of memory problems, The CHB must think these are the 1976 Indians. He refers to them as a team with "no stars and no payroll":
- Cory Kluber, 2014 Cy Young Award winner, 2015 top 10 Cy Young votes;
- Francisco Lindor, 2015 Rookie of the Year runner up; lifetime BA .317
- Michael Brantley; finished 3d in AL MVP vote in 2014; lifetime BA .292
- Danny Salazar, lifetime ERA 3.48, averages 10Ks/9 innings
- Carlos Carrasco, finished 13th in the Cy Young vote in 2015
So be it. The CHB wants to insinuate that Tito is such a great manager, the Indians on winning simply on the strength of his ability. And, he wants to needle Francona's former bosses -- John Henry, Tom Werner, et al -- for apparently no being pen pals with their ex employee. (You think The CHB keeps in touch with Arthur Sulzberger?)
And while it's true that in terms of salary the Indians are closer to the bottom of the majors than the top, when it comes to the alleged need to spend money, who is the loudest of them all?