Links

Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Funny Shank Story

I should have posted this in a more timely manner, but I still need to mention it even after this brief passage of time. It sometimes makes me wonder why Shank doesn't do this more often, given that he could tell more of these stories, but then I realize he just loves being a negative asshole.

In any event, Shank was on the Bertrand & Zolak radio show three or four weeks ago about his trip to New Orleans during Super Bowl XXXI when the Patriots were playing the Green Bay Packers. It was the Saturday night before the game, and Shank was with some people on Bourbon Street when a bunch of revelers were bopping around, including one guy dressed up as a clown. The clown goes by Shank & company, takes a few steps, then turns around and yells out - 'Shaughnessy - YOU SUCK!'

2 comments:

Monkeesfan said...

Like all Shank stories, it's ancient - he wrote about it at the time and I remember The Big Show discussing it days before the Superbowl.

Roger Bournival said...

Monkeesfan - I don't remember Shank writing about it, as 1995 was the year I stopped buying the Boston Globe after that Shank interview with Wade Boggs. I wrote about it here, when I first came on board at DSW.