Links

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Is Shank The New Whitey Bulger?

It's almost amazing how lazy this guy is. I haven't seen a Boston Globe Shank column for over a week; Bob Ryan has written three in that same time span.

Noticed this week - Shank hasn't been doing his Saturday radio show (98.5 FM) lately; Comcast Sports New England has started a Saturday morning program this week (9:00 - 12:00 noon) called The Baseball Show with Bob Neumeier, Lou Merloni, Sean McAdam and Shank. I'm listening to a bit of it right now, and it's OK as far as three hours of baseball talk goes, mainly because I haven't heard Shank say anything...

4 comments:

The Man with the Funny Hat said...

He's on vacation. I think he'll be back in July, but after the Bruins series, he probably took some time off.

Monkeesfan said...

The Baseball Show is a revamped version of the one that was simulcast on CSN-NE and WEEI a couple of years ago. The lineup then had Felger, Dickerson, Merloni, Buckley, and McAdam when Sean and Felger were still in the WEEI orbit.

Anonymous said...

Um, it's the summer. People go on vacation. Are you that fucking stupid?

Apparently so.

Roger Bournival said...

Anon - he did two shows with The Baseball Insiders and wrote two CNN / SI columns in the past three weeks. The Globe used to tell us when columnists were on vacation, and I didn't see any of that. Am I stupid using these facts to draw the (unwritten) conclusion that he wasn't on vacation?

I think you owe me an apology, not that I'll be holding my breath.