Links

Monday, January 20, 2020

Reunited And It Feels So Good

Just to show you guys Shank does not have an exclusive lock on lame, cheesy lyrics!

Taking a break from shitting on the local sports teams for the past two weeks, Shank looks back (shocking, I know) at some high school classmates:
Reunited after 50 years, high school teammates are reminded that these memories never get old

You don’t have to make it to the NFL or the NBA to share the universal truth of team sports. Moments and teammates stay frozen in time.

I can’t say for sure if I’ve seen my friend Dave any time in the last 49 years. Probably once or twice in the 1970s or 1980s. I was a year ahead of him in high school and went off to Holy Cross in 1971. He went to UMass a year later and became an eighth-grade science teacher in New Hampshire.

We were not super close. We never kept up. But in speaking with other ex-teammates through the years, I was able to keep tabs on him. I knew that he had a couple of daughters, retired, and lost his wife a few years ago.
Read on if you'd like - I'll pass on the once in a blue moon sentimental columns.

No comments: