- March 24, 2013: The question now is, “Who are you going to pick to finish in last place — the Red Sox or the Yankees?’’
- Oct. 20, 2013: One year after enduring last-place humiliation and the worst season in 47 years, the Red Sox are AL Champions for the 13th time since 1901.
- Aug. 24, 2012: Mike Scioscia has been manager of the Angels since 2000 and is signed through 2018. He has been on the hot seat because of the Angels’ underperformance. If the Angels want to make a switch, how about the Sox making a deal to pick up Scioscia’s contract?
- Oct. 20, 2013: [John Farrell] was the perfect candidate to replace clown prince Bobby Valentine.
- March 31, 2013: I hate to break it to everybody, but chemistry in a baseball clubhouse is way overrated.
- Oct. 20, 2013: In the winter of 2012-13, he went after quality clubhouse veterans, players who had played in big markets and big games. He acquired Jonny Gomes, Mike Napoli, David Ross, Ryan Dempster, Uehara, and Victorino. And they all contributed mightily. They changed the clubhouse culture.
- Oct. 20, 2013: "...eight days and six games of unforgettable baseball..."
- Oct. 20, 2013: The Sox beat the Tigers in six pulsating games.
- Oct. 20, 2013: The pace of these games is a serious threat to the erstwhile National Pastime.
So which is it?