Links

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Backhanded

Reader Melissa was kind enough to point out Larry Lucchino's interview with reporters today. It covers a lot of topics and is worth the read, but you guys (and gals!) come here for the Shank bashing, don't you?
Lucchino claimed he has not read the new book by former Red Sox manager Terry Francona and Globe columnist Dan Shaughnessy. "Francona, the Red Sox Years" has several unflattering references to Lucchino and his style of management.

"I haven't [read the book]. I know some people find that hard to believe. But it seems logical to me. I want to look forward, not back," he said. "I'm afraid if I do read it, I will find in it inaccuracies and things that will cause me to react to it in a way that would divert me and cause some kind of sideshow instead of dealing with the here and now. It seems perfectly logical to me not to read it. I don't feel any great compulsion to. I may get around to it sooner or later."

However Lucchino gave a terse "no comment" to two questions posed by Shaughnessy during his 31-minute press conference. He then answered the exact same questions posed by other reporters
I'm pretty sure 'no comment' translates easily to 'drop dead, Shank', right?

No comments: