Links

Friday, February 28, 2020

Making It Official

Shank 'officially' wishes Tom Brady would leave the New England Patriots.
I am officially hoping Tom Brady leaves the Patriots

I just want it to be over.

And I officially am hoping Tom Brady leaves the Patriots.

Sorry.

I want Tom to go because his history-making time has run its course here. I like sports drama, and it would be a much better story if Tom goes to a new team. I’d like to see what Bill Belichick can do without Brady. I’d like to see what Brady can do for the Los Angeles/Tampa Bay/Tennessee Bradys.

I don’t want to bear witness to another AFC-East winning, oh-so-boring 10-6 Patriots season with 43-year-old Tom staggering through games, pouting through his postgame press sessions, then delivering cryptic messages on social media.

Kansas City, Tennessee, Baltimore, and Houston were all better than the Patriots in 2019. With or without Tom, it’s unlikely the Patriots will be better than those teams in 2020. It’s time for all of us to get on with our lives.
These are compelling points, and the rest of the column is worth a read. I'm willing to cut Brady all the slack he's earned, but all things must eventually pass.

This part is telling (I've brought it up before):
Please. Make it stop. I’d rather do four hours of sports talk radio solo than listen to any more debate on this issue.
Almost can't wait for his next Zo and Bertrand appearance!

2 comments:

Jason said...

And he will compete this to Theo leaving or Terry leaving the minute this happens

Anonymous said...

"pouting thru his post game media sesson" that's the money shot right there - no one wants to play grabass with Dan anymore - #ClevelandRocks