Links

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Stirring The Pot Or Telling The Truth?

Shank looks ahead to Sunday's AFC Championship game between the Patriots and the Broncos, and doesn't like what he sees:
The Broncos are going to beat the Patriots Sunday.

Sorry, that’s just the way I see it. I am not rooting for the Broncos. I am not into Satanic worship. Please do not kill my whole family. I am often wrong (remember the 2013 Red Sox, destined for last place?) and hopefully for New England fans, I will be wrong again.
So the Patriots have that going for them!
The Patriots have proven folks wrong time and again. Overcoming doubters is the foundation of the Patriot franchise.

Doubting the Patriots this weekend is hardly a daring position. They are significant underdogs in Vegas.
Would you call a five point underdog 'significant'? Ten points or more, yes, but not five.
Most of the national TV panel guys will pick against New England.
How did that last big game prediction work out for them?
Some of the handicapping local car dealers will pick the Broncos. There might even be a footy-pajama fanboy or two with doubts about the Patriots’ ability to beat Peyton Manning.
For what it's worth, Tom Brady is 10-4 in head-to-head matchups with Peyton Manning. If Shank thinks the Patriots are going to lose, that's all I need to take the Patriots.

No comments: