Links

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Beating A Dead Horse Again

It does seem to be a recurring theme for the Boston Globe's only part-time sports columnist. Spring training opens today for the Red Sox, which allows Shank to mount the Shetland pony once again:
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The Red Sox throw open the doors to their clubhouse this morning for the first time since that final night in Baltimore last September. Later in the day, Josh Beckett and Jon Lester will be made available to the media.

Is it just me or is anybody else interested in a few mea culpas?
I'm pretty sure it's just you...
Perhaps we could hear an admission that things were not quite right by the time the SS Francona sank in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. Can just one guy stand up and say, “We [bleeped] up. We’re sorry. We were unprofessional and we let it get away from us. Sorry we betrayed your trust.’’?

That’s what I’m in the mood for.
You know what I'm in the mood for? A column that doesn't read like the one from October 18, 2011 or the one from October 20, 2011, or the constant harping on Sox owner John Henry for his ownership of Liverpool FC. Naturally, I'm not holding my breath...

No comments: