Links

Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Maybe You Should Write A Column About It?

That's one matter, but I'm actually in agreement with Shank on this one:
The only time I did something perhaps similar was back in 1993. I had accepted a job (verbal) at a Worcester CPA firm that was owned by two women, who by virtue of their lack of male genitalia were awarded Federal auditing contracts, as they were considered a disadvantaged minority firm. One of the requirements for staff auditors (me) was to have two years of relevant auditing experience. The four years of field audits at the Mass. DOR that I had clearly did not meet that requirement. In addition, the only stipulation I had about this job was that I would be granted the time to go to two night classes, to which they initially agreed. Two days later I was informed via e-mail that I was now the lead auditor and that I would be spending the next six weeks in West Bumfuck, PA. I e-mailed my resignation the next day. I regret doing that and wished instead that I simply didn't show up as they required.

Reaction to Shank's tweet is pretty much split - click on the above tweet to read them, if you'd like.

3 comments:

Monkeesfan said...

Shank of course misses that no one in the local media is saying anything except it was a weaselly move by McDaniels and comparison to Belichick's snap presser resigning from the Jets has been common.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of the dreadful globe - Joan Venocchi weighs in today. She's ALMOST as uninformed as our hero

Anonymous said...

i dont blame mcdaniels...he is under belichick has little chance to speak ... and is pressed during superbowl week to interview etc..now we all know if you say no twice you may never get another chance..but josh has said yes before...
pats on other hand are victims or
"its not if you win its how u play the game" as Johnson of Eagles echoed today...its not fun playing in new england...and that will leave a mark forever...and its rather souless complete with hells bells and homage to devil with 3, 6 numeraled placekickers and j kraft taking the lords name in vain on mic every interview