The early targets:
- A.J. Pierzynski, "a 37-year-old catcher who has been voted “most hated player in baseball.'
- The pitching staff: "The Red Sox have too much damn for this season. ... [F]ive established starters and more big league-ready Triple A pitchers than any team in the history of the game."
- John Henry, "a funny Tweeter and probably the best owner in the game."
- Team management, "extend[ing] contracts even when the players have no leverage."
and of course,
- David Ortiz, who is being paid "$48 million to make sure he’s still in the fold when he’s 42.
So here we go folks: Shank is all warmed up and in regular season bitching shape. Play ball!